As we shelter at home in this new business environment, I vacillate between being highly motivated to keep things moving forward in my business (connecting and pivoting being very popular words right now) and just trying to keep my head above water with household and familial duties. I know that I'm not alone.
I love the words by Sandra Yancey, CEO of E-Women Network , who repeats the mantra "Give first, share always."
This can apply to so many things; from sharing contacts and referrals and supporting local businesses, to providing information and encouragement. Especially during this time I am so grateful to be a part of the networks that I am, which truly live by the words "lift others as you rise."
So I am going to take a page from Sandra Yancey and do my part by sharing all of my favorite business tools and why I love them.
My sincere hope is that if you've been thinking about taking on something new- from creating an e-mail marketing list to re-freshing your website or automating invoices, I can help you!
Why I love it:
- Beautiful templates to choose from (check out My Website for a sample)
- You can see what your content looks like in multiple templates before you commit to one.
- I am able to make changes to my website anytime I want.
- Though the company was designed around servicing photographers, any business owner can use their services. Ability to create storefronts, run sales, sell packages, etc. They are visually appealing sites, but applicable to any business owner whether you are a photographer or not.
- A real person answers when you call and really helps you! (For example, I was trying to figure out how to get an Instagram feed loaded into the bottom of my website, and they told me where to go to get the free plug in to make that happen)
- I love the creativity, flexibility and power in designing my own marketing pieces and this is the best of both worlds as far as starting with a professional looking template, but then making it my own.
- When I need to create a sell sheet, new business cards or marketing piece like a thank you card, I search in etsy (search under "templates for photographers") to find a layout that is fresh and on brand.
- I then pull it into photoshop to manipulate it (change colors, add my images, change font) and save it as a photoshop template that I can go back to and update for future marketing needs.
- Outsourcing some large edits saves me time, and sometimes I just don't have the energy or knowledge to tackle them.
- Example: One of my clients, the fabulous James Craig Builders, had me photograph a home at closing to use in their marketing piece catalogue. Unfortunately, the sod hadn't yet been put in, so the lawn was non-existent- er, mud. I sent the image to re-touch.com and asked for a beautiful green lawn.
- Reasonably priced and quick turnaround (for "special services"- $10/image)
- If for some reason they don't edit it the way you want, you can re-submit and ask for further edits at no charge. (Only happened to me once and it was actually my fault for leaving out an instruction)
- Beautiful password-protected and easily branded galleries that I email to clients for their viewing or downloading needs. Also gives clients ability to mark images "favorites" or "private" etc. Many gallery settings to choose from.
- I've used shootproof for years, ever since I was a part of a team of wedding photographers in Dallas. We had 5 photographers and it was the way to keep us all organized and in the loop.
Email Marketing / Blogs:Photobiz.com
Why I love it:
- Super reasonable. I believe I pay $5/ month for everything since I use them for my website too.
- Superb customer service. Real people, knowledgeable people who work to understand what your goals are and how the products can best serve your business.
- Can track marketing campaigns.
- Drag and drop templates keep my marketing on brand and beautiful!
My photography is about getting at the inner light of you. I consider myself your consultant with a camera, and knowing that visuals are just one part of your marketing mix, I am happy to share the tools I love to use in my own business with you.
I would love to help you connect you with your ideal clients through photography and video. Click the link below if you'd like to walk this road with me.